Sider

onsdag 7. mars 2012

Getting to know Storm Pedersen

We have decided it might be a good idea for all of us to get to know each other a little bit better, so starting this week, we will be featuring interviews with some influential people in our industry.

Getting to know everything you never knew you always wanted to know.

First up was Storm Pedersen....


You hear of the triple treats...singers, actors and dancers. Storm has doubled this idea. After studying economics, he realized that he must follow his childhood dreams which involved all things dance, theatre and style. He then finished school with a degree in Ballet and teaching. 

Storm has performed on many stages, but it wasn't satiating his hunger for the fashion world, so when he got the opportunity to work as a stylist, he took it and never looked back!

Since then, he has made a name for himself styling all kinds of events and shows from theatre to film. He is recognized as Loreal Paris's Norwegian Spokesperson as well as the Model's Coach on Norwegian Top Model. 

But here's what you didn't know.....

Jeanette: What color are the walls in your bedroom?
Storm: They are in the process of being painted. they are Dark Grey....I love dark walls!




J: Do you like Scary Movies?
S: Sometimes, but I have to be in the mood....and I can't watch them alone!
J: Can you show me your scared face?

J: What was your first job?
S: I worked with elderly for a very short time....2 hours. I was 15, and not prepared for working in such a serious environment. So after 2 hours, I quit.

J: Assuming that you did have a past life, who do you think you were in that life?
S: An Egyptian Queen!

J: Well then your hieness, this next question should be easy....Diamonds or Pearls?
S: Diamonds of course...

J: Hypothetical: You and I are heading to the airport and we can go anywhere in the world that you want...I am paying. Where are we going?
S: Mauritius! Perfect place to relax, and not too touristy.
J: I am in...This California girl could use some sun!

J: What was your first word?
S: "Volvo Sucks"...my father drove an Opel. Must have gotten it from him.

J: Do you have any hidden talents?
S: Yes...Cher impression. 
J: You HAVE to show me!!
S: Maybe later....

J: What shoes are you wearing this very minute?
S:They are Augusta.

J: I have been so busy and distracted since I moved here, I haven't been very good about practicing my Norwegian (which I am terribly embarrassed about)!!! Teach me an important Norwegian word or phrase that I need to know.
S: Bitsjh...pronounced and spelled the Norwegian way.

J: If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
S: Easy...Black of course.

J: Do you drink coffee?
S: I have a love/hate relationship with coffee. I try not to...

J: Do you have a favorite picture of anything? Something that just makes you happy to look at. It can be of yourself.
S: It's too hard to pick just one picture. I have a wall in my apartment filled with editorial pics of Italian Vogue and other things that inspire me. I like to experiment with pictures, and these give me inspiration.

J: What time do you wake up in the morning?
S: 7:30 without an alarm clock. Started waking up earlier after turning 30. I wake up, have coffee and start my day by "vogue-ing". 
J: That must start your days out in a great mood.
S: Everyday!

J: If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
S: "alt går i grisen" which is an ironic norwegian phrase referring to food. Basically means to eat anything and not be too picky. I look at in the way of not taking yourself too seriously. Trying anything once..... in life or in food!
J: I like that! Now I have learned 2 new Norwegian things today!! Perfect!

J: Lastly, I want you to show us what we should wear for a job interview.
S: If it is an interview in the fashion industry, then I think anything goes as long as it's not too overwhelming. I think layers are best, neutral tones and classic shapes.
Here is what he chose....
Jacket: Muubaa, Dress: Gestuz, Scarf: Humanoid, Sunglasses: The Local Firm
We had such a great time hanging out and getting to know each other. Being around him, you really do see how he could be remembered by the words, "alt går i grisen". He doesn't take himself too seriously, and you can't help but feel free in his presence.
Sometimes you just need that.