Sider

mandag 26. mars 2012

Getting to know Jessica Ferner of Ferner Jacobsen

As I said here, we are beginning a new series of interviews with some of the people we have the pleasure of working with everyday. 

We so rarely take the time to sit and find out more about each other, so here, we will take the time to get to know all of the little things that make each of these people who they really are. 

This week, I met with Jessica Ferner from Ferner Jacobsen.


If you have not been to one of their 2 stores, you should stop what you're doing right now and GO! 

This power house store was started (nearly 100 years ago!) in 1916 by Mr. Ferner Jacobsen. 

Jessica, and the rest of the Ferner family have worked hard for the last 4 generations at maintaining the prestigious family business. They stock brands such as Ralph Lauren, Max Mara, Michael Kors, Humanoid, Armani, Hunkydory, Genetic Denim, and Mulberry just to name a few. 


Lets get started shall we?

Jeanette: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Jessica: I think I always knew I wanted to work in the family business. I started working here when I was 10 years old gift wrapping during the holidays. Even back then I knew it was for me.

JR: What makes you angry?
JF: I think I get the most angry when someone upsets my kids. But I also get really mad when I go to pick up my kids from school, and they don't want to come home with me. They always want to go hang out with their friends.

JR: What shoes are you wearing right now?
JF: Laura Bellariva

JR: What is your favorite song at the moment?
JF: I can not stop singing the song "Some Die Young" by Laleh! 


JR: Being from California, I am still learning so much about my new home here in Norway. What is a fun fact that I should know?
JF: We have a saying here in Norway that we are fond of; "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes".
JR:So true! I LOVE that!!!

JR: Do you have a favorite piece of clothing at the moment?
JF: I would have to say my Humanoid Gold Jacket. I really love it.....or maybe my Genetic Shane Jeans. They are just so comfortable!
(Left to Right) Humanoid Jacket on Mannequin, Genetic Denim in a variety of colors, Jessica holding up her favorite jeans.
JR: Do you think there was a single moment in your life that changed everything and impacted who you are today?
JF: I would have to say that having kids changed me forever. The moment I had my first child, all of a sudden work wasn't as important. I found myself wanting to spend more time with her and less time away buying for the store.

JR: If you could trade places with someone for only one week, (living or dead) who would it be?
JF: It's hard to think of one particular person, but I would say any Free Ride Skier. Maybe someone in Canada....it would be a nice way to spend the week.

JR: On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you at the moment?
JF: Hmmmmm I would have to say a 5. It is Monday after all!

JR: What was the last movie you watched?
JF: I am sure that it was a kids movie. I think it was the Lion King.

JR: Lastly, show me an outfit that I could wear to work this Spring.
JF: I think something light but structured is great for work this Spring. Maybe the Humanoid Cropped pant in Ivory, a great basic top and Leather Jacket. 
The moment I stepped into this outfit, I told them I would take everything!....from head to toe! But that is pretty much the way I felt about all of the items I saw the moment I walked into the store!

They have so many beautiful things and now that I got to spend an afternoon talking with Jessica, I can say confidentaly that the people behind the brand are just as beautiful!

Shopping is always fun and therapeutic, but coming here, you know you are part of something important. Like you're stepping into an important part of Oslo's fashionable history, and you are one of the privileged ones who get's to be part of it.